The present-day Ridley Creek State Park was originally part of the estate of the late William M. Jeffords, Sr., and his wife, Sarah Jeffords.  The land was originally settled by English Quakers, and it remained agrarian well into the twentieth century.  The estate was acquired by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the late 1960’s.

The park is comprised of over 2,600 acres, including a five-mile paved multi-use trail and areas for hiking, jogging, biking, camping, picnicking, fishing, and archery hunting.  The park also features a five-mile equestrian trail.  The grounds contain a formal garden, a nature trail, excellent for bird-watching, and the Colonial Plantation, which recreates daily life on a pre-Revolutionary farm.

Hunting Hill Mansion, the 1918-era Jeffords mansion, built around a stone colonial farmhouse, now serves as the Park Office.  The Mansion still hosts wedding receptions and other events on a regular basis.